Monday, October 12, 2009

Twittering?

Well, I have finally, timidly, started my Twitter account. I have mixed feelings about this. Yes, I would like to network with other professionals, but, about what? At the moment, I don't have any pressing issues. I'll look at some of the teacher sites suggested by---now what source was that? I miss my paper and pencil. I want to write in the margins and add PostIt flags. Am I the only one having trouble keeping track of which source provided what information? This new technology seems heavily visual. As a tactile/kinesthetic learner, I'm feeling out of my realm. Other than keeping Word open and making notes in a document, what suggestions do you all have for keeping track of what we're reading and viewing?

So far, I've shared very little on the Twitter profile. Perhaps, when I find a focus, I'll share more.

I viewed the video, Delicious Meets Twitter Meets Delicious. I like how it will allow a user to save and sort sites.

Still, of all the things we've been exposed to so far in this class, Wikis are the most enticing. For group work, I suspect the wiki would combine well with a chat. That way groups could start a project simultaneously and then add the ideas which inevitably arrive later.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're seeing possibilities for using wikis. I can't wait to find out what you come up with for their use.
    You know, Jeanne, I think the purpose of this class is to take a look at the different technologies, think about their possibilities, learn how other people are using them, experiment with them just to get a feel for what it takes to use them, and then wait for the light to come on with ideas and opportunities for their use with the students. By networking through Twitter and with the others in our class and by keeping an open mind for developing new teaching techniques, the technology tools will be there when you're ready to use them. I don't think you should feel any pressure to use them right away--I think that would block your creativity. I just want you to toy with their possibilities.

    ReplyDelete